Acid Alkali CoSHH Cabinets
Cabinets to store acid, alkali and other caustic substances
Building on our long-established experience as sheet metal engineers, we have developed a range of market leading caustic acid alkali CoSHH cabinets. Working closely with industrial users, and their own requirements, we have developed a range of quality cabinets at very competitive prices.
The ‘Control of Substances, Hazardous to Health 2002’ (CoSHH) are a set of regulations designed to control hazardous substances in the workplace. CoSHH cabinets are available in a range of different configurations. This is to help clearly segregate hazardous chemicals, thus reducing risk.
We manufacture 4 different types of CoSHH cabinet:
- General CoSHH Cabinets (Grey)
- Hazardous substance cabinets (Yellow)
- Pesticide and agrochemical (Red)
- Acid and Alkali Cabinets (White)
By using the correct CoSHH cabinet you are helping to maintain good practice and reduce risk in the workplace.
Acid Alkali CoSHH Cabinet Features
These caustic Acid Alkali CoSHH cabinets feature:
- Manufactured from 1.2mm thick mild steel
- Press formed construction
- Fully welded leak proof sump forms the base
- Three-point rod locking system supplied with 2 keys
- Welded construction (base fully welded)
- Polyester powder coated finish in white
- Adjustable and removable shelves
- Regulation identification labels included.
- Reinforced door edges to prevent distortion
- Supplied with warning labels compliant with BS5378
Acid Alkali CoSHH Cabinet Regulations
All our Acid Alkali CoSHH cabinets are designed and manufactured to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 requirements. These regulations require an employer to ensure that their employees are prevented from exposure to hazardous substance. By Using a CoSHH cabinet the employer should be able to significantly reduce exposure risk to their employee.
We manufacture a wide range of cabinet sizes to ensure there will be a cabinet to meet your capacity requirements.
The priority purpose of a CoSHH cabinet it to quickly identify hazardous substances in the event of a fire. Their containment ability is to ensure people can escape a burning building without exposure to the hazardous substances stored within. The highly visible colours enable the emergency services to identify them quickly.
These CoSHH cabinets are manufactured from steel with a 30 minute fire integrity. Additional design elements allow our design maximise its containment. For example, the back of the plastic handle is metal, and the door gaps are small reducing areas for chemicals / flame to escape or enter.